Is the video too long to send in the Mail or Messages app? Or maybe you just want to share only a part of it with your friends or family? How to edit videos on iPhone? We answer these questions.
Editing videos on iPhone
The Photos application allows you to change the length of the video or release it directly on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.
In the Photos application, you can change the start and end time to shorten the recorded video.
After receiving the video, follow these steps:
- If you just recorded a video using the camera, click the box in the lower left corner and go to step 4. If you want to edit previously made video, tap the Photos application to launch it.
- In Photos, tap the Video album.
- Tap the video you want to edit to open it.
- Select Edit in the upper right corner.
- The timeline bar at the bottom of the screen shows each video frame.
- To edit the video, touch and hold the end of the bar on the timeline (look for the arrows at each end of the bar).
- Drag any end of the strip, which should now be yellow, to cut out sections of the film that you do not want to save.
- When you’re happy with your choice, tap Done.
- A menu will appear with two options: Trim Original or Save as New Clip.
- Save as a new clip.
Add a filter and rotate video
When you take a photo, open it in the Photos app and tap Edit. You can rotate, add a filter and customize the look of the video in the Photos application. If the effect of the changes is not satisfactory, tap Cancel to restore the original version of the recording.
Adjusting the recording in slow motion
After you make a slow-motion recording, you can edit which part of the video is to be played with the slow-motion effect. This allows the recording to be played back at normal speed and slowed down at the point you want to look out for.
External video editing programs
For users of devices with Android version 4.4 or higher, the Quik application is a good choice. The program allows you to create great video presentations. You can easily customize your recordings by inserting text, filters and music. The application also facilitates the editing process itself thanks to the detection of objects and colors and the automatic border of these elements. In addition, the application also automates the program for trimming video clips, although of course there is also a manual control function. Similar to other video editors on Android, you can choose different templates and movie styles that contain interesting transitions and graphics.
The VivaVideo application enjoys an active group of almost 6 million users and is widely regarded as the best video editor on Android. The program works well when creating high-quality movies thanks to the advanced editing function and easy-to-use user interface. With its help you can merge, cut and trim video clips as you like. What’s more, you can also insert text, filters, stickers and emoji.