Do you want to set up voicemail but don’t know how to do it? If you’re an iPhone owner, we have some tips for you. How to set up voicemail on iPhone?
Thanks to the Visual Voicemail service you can view the list of received messages and select the ones you want to listen to or delete. If your operator supports the Visual Voicemail service, you can configure it as follows:
- Go to the Phone app and tap the Voicemail tab. Then select Set up now. Create a voicemail password, then tap Done.
- Enter your password again to confirm it, and then tap Done.
- Then choose one of the Custom or Default options. If you choose Custom, you can record a new greeting. Click Save.
Warning! If you forget your voicemail password, you can’t reset it on your iPhone. You must contact your operator to reset your password.
How can I change the welcome message?
- Tap the Phone app on the home screen and open the Voicemail tab on the right
- Click the Greeting link in the upper left to view voicemail options.
- Select Custom / Custom to stop using the default voicemail greeting and record your own.
- Click the Record link to start recording your own greeting and Stop when done. When finished, click Save. You can recreate your new greeting without worrying about saving.
How do I check my voicemail on iPhone
In the Telephone application you can view the list of your Visual Voicemail messages (available from some operators). You can play or delete any message without having to listen to all messages. The badge on the voicemail icon indicates the number of unheard messages.
The voicemail transcription function (only available in selected regions) displays the content of the voicemail message as text. Its availability is limited to messages in English received on an iPhone with iOS 10 or later. Operation of the function depends primarily on the quality of the recorded sound.
If you cannot configure the Visual Voicemail service, contact your operator to make sure your plan supports this feature. As we have already mentioned, this service is not available to everyone. What else can you do? Make sure you have the latest version of iOS. Check for the availability of the operator package update: select Settings then General and This device. If an upgrade is available, a message will appear asking you to upgrade. If you have more than one cellular network plan on your iPhone, try switching to the other plan. Call the first number and leave a message for yourself. Check the network setting, you can also reset it to make sure everything works as it should.
How do you turn off voicemail
It all depends on your operator. Usually, enter the appropriate sequence of numbers preceded by #. Sometimes it is necessary to log into your account on the operator’s website to make changes to your phone number there. Unfortunately, you cannot turn off voicemail from an iPhone via any application.